Sunday 30 January 2011

Crimewave

At the minute I'm working in my Dad's shop Snappy Snaps whilst I look for a 'science job'. The uniform at work is black and includes a promotional tshirt but me being me I like to bend the rules normally. For once I felt like actually wearing black so I wore my new jumper.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Jumper and shirt from Topshop
Velvet skirt from a random shop in Derby

I saw this jumper when I was in Ireland but when I saw the price tag I decided not too buy it. The other day I finally checked my bank balance after weeks of ignorance and to my surprise I actually had some funds so decided to buy it after all. It's actually huge, I got a size 12 and it's massive!! I love the little crystals but I'm scared their going to fall off. The skirt is velvet and I think I got it in a closing down sale for a couple of quid. I like the different texture together and think they just add a little interest to a 90% black outfit, the knit is chunky and the velvet is shiny. I have a sheer cape like shirt on underneath and adore it's little Peter Pan collar. I have my eye on loads of ASOS shirts with this favourite accessory, I just can't get enough of them!

I've been working all weekend which is a drag but money is money so I can't complain. There are so many things I want but I have to be good. Contemplating trying to save up for a Mulberry Alexa after seeing them up close and personal in Liberty of London for the millionth time on Friday but I know I'll try and fail!!

Hope your weekend was more fun than mine x

28 comments:

  1. You are so cute. Would love to work with my mummy! I did so many crappy temp jobs, when I was inbetween jobs, but photography is cool ;-)

    Love the jumper, I haven't seen it in TS... then again, I slapped a ban on my spending so I'm not looking. You should defo save for the Alexa btw!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the jumper is gorgeous! hope the science job hunting is going well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. laaaaaav the jumper <333
    -Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you wore the peter pan collar shirt underneath! The mulberry Alexa is fab.. though too expensive for me! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need to go out and find a job as well! My mum seems to be sick of me at home!
    I love that black jumper. It's a bit different than casual black jumpers, so really stands out. The velvet skirt looks fab as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your topshop jumper!! I just splashed out on an Alexa after months of saving, so worth it. I love it soo much x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bending the rules are we? You look real cute in that jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look so lovely! i loove the jumper!! the peter pan collar is beautiful! thanks so much lovely for visiting my blog :). i'm now following yours :), if you'd like, you can follow mine too :). hope you're having a lovely day girl! :)

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your jumper, and the peter pan collar is cute :) i would definately save up for the alexa!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. just noticed that you got 100 followers! congrats :)
    your jumper is really adorable, and I love the collar

    xx elle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cute jumper :)

    Love, Vanilla

    http://vanillaheartsstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like what you did with the collar under the jumper. And hey work seems to always be such a drag but when everytime I see that paycheck its worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like that velvet skirt, it looks so good with your jumper! I'm glad you got the jumper in the end :D it was worth it!
    xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new jumper looks great. I like the little collar it has. Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for your lovely comments!
    Oh Hannah, I really do envy you! You're living in London, the best city in the world.
    When I see the photos of Charing Cross tube, I just can't think of anything better than going to London :-)
    Your blog is lovely. I like your jumper with the crystals, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your lovely comment Hannah :) love this jumper. I work with my family too, so know allllllllllllllllllllll about what its like :S ups and downs!
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. well what can I say?absolutly love this!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. i have that jumper its great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the jumper! I think I'm going to try & find a similar one, but with silver ball studs (:

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love those jumpers, i really want one. i love the peter pan collar peeking out the top too
    Scrapbook de la Emma

    ReplyDelete
  21. The jumper is really cute and there's Peter Pan collars peeking out so it's a definite winner for me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. woah what a cool outfit!! That sweater is so beautiful, and I love your hair!! Good luck with the job-hunting!

    xxxx

    lifeisroyalty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. love your jumper!

    http://stylecoffee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you've paired this with the Peter Pan collar, I have a similar jumper and should try this out! I definitely agree that mixing up different black textures can really add interest to an outfit, I love pairing things like lace and leather together.

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the jumper! great buy! was it one of those where.. if you don't buy it.. you WILL regret it for the rest of your life? ahaha..
    i've been contemplating saving for a vivienne westwood bag for about 2 years and it's never happened! i wish somebody would just bloody buy me one.. haha!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.