Thursday 29 July 2010

Small Spaces, Rabbits and Toys

Yesterday I hit the V&A again to see the Peter Rabbit and Architects Build Small Spaces expo. Considering this is not one of my favourite museums (I love the Science, Natural History and British more) I've been an awful lot of times recently but that is probably down to the fact there are some great exhibitions on at the minute and my friend G works around the corner so we meet for lunch and cupcakes.

The Architects expo was fantastic, it explored the idea of retreating from busy urban life into small spaces created throughout the museum. There were 7 different constructions commissioned by the V&A and each was more incredible than the previous.

A tree house with trees growing out from it, amazing! You could climb inside and have a sit down relax in the monochrome interior.

A giant wooden tower full of books, like a skyscraper library.

OK, so this wooden barn was a bit dull but the lights were cool!

This was a bent over tree and constructed so it could be climbed on in numerous different ways. There is also a poem inscribed into the wood.

This was inside a great big wooden structure that looked a bit dull on the outside but was full of staircases and little rooms hidden from the outside, it was probably my favourite along with the tree house.

This big plastic structure reminded me of a twinkling star with all the little lights.

Dress from River Island
Shoes from New Look
Belt from River Island (I think)
Bag from Marc B
Pink hair bow from Topshop

I think I've rediscovered a love for this bow belt!

There was one more construction but I didn't take a photo, oops! It was a tall metallic tower with a stair case branching out into lots of sealed compartments behind red curtains. It was quite industrial and gothic but excellent for hiding in.

I also took a video of all the miniature models, but the great thing about this expo was being able to explore the architecture and not just looks at it. I tried to upload the video but it wasn't working / taking too long =(

I also went to see the original Beatrix Potter illustrations of Peter Rabbit which were wonderful.

There was a room with all the original watercolours (and a few redrawn) from The Tale of Peter Rabbit, underneath were the words from the story so you could read the story as you went around the room.

I would definitely recommend both these exhibitions along with Grace Kelly which I went to a couple of weeks ago.

Being in South Ken we treated ourselves to Hummingbird cupcakes and after G finished work we went to see Toy Story 3D which was completely amazing!

Go see this film, it'll make you cry, it'll make you laugh and it'll make you want to play with your childhood toys. This was the best of all 3 (if possible) and the ending couldn't have been more perfection.

After the cinema we headed to Notting Hill Arts Club for their Wednesday night Death Disco which was great fun. A shame we had to leave early (G had work today) but I'm definitely heading back again to dance to indie classics, drink happy hour cocktails and see some awesome bands =)

There are lots more exhibitions across London I want to see so I will keep you updated on what's good and what's not! But considering I have to hand in my dissertation next month it might be a while till I get to a museum again! Have you guys seen anything exciting lately, films, exhibitions or otherwise. Is anyone watching Sherlock on BBC1? I think it's pretty good!

I'm off for Thai food now, laterz x

39 comments:

  1. lovely photos <3
    & i think i'm the only person in the world
    who hasnt seen toy story 3 yet!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so annoyed I didn't go to the treehouse one! that looks the best! :)
    Glad you enjoyed it too! Do you know jazzabelle's diary? Shes always at the V&A, you should see her stance on it too :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do read Jazzabella's Diary but the funny thing is I don't actually like the V&A that much. I'm a science student so prefer the likes of the science museum, natural history etc I find all the art work and sculptures a little overwhelming at times and the fashion section there isn't that great. Saying that, I do love all the special exhibitions they put on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved loking at all those cute little buildings - looks like somewhere I would like to visit!

    I came accross your blog from a post you made on Bellevintage about being at uni in Derby once upon a time .. so was I!!! So thought I'd say hello .. come and see me on my blog sometime if you like too :D

    Sal xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the skyscraper library. i def haven't seen that BP exhibit, i'm a have to go gx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of that was soo cool!!!
    So magical :)

    I am Abimarvel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. once downloaded,move your mouse pointer anytime on the video.On top-most right an option will appear saying"download to real player"click on it.Free youtube to mp3 converter

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always spent more time with a smile on my face than not, but the thing is, I don't write about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do not speak of your happiness to one less fortunate than yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will try it in future; I hope it is going to help those people who lack searching skills. imagenes para dibujar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interestingly you write, I will address you'll find exciting and interesting things on similar topics CBD Oil

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind. Thanks for sharing the information keep updating. Read more at

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article Fmovie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to the party of my life here you will learn everything about me. life anngel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of try these out

    ReplyDelete
  18. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me click to read more

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. Get More Information

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is certainly what is more a fairly superior blog post that many of us without doubt adored measuring. Not likely each and every day which unfortunately utilize the prospects to get yourself a system. useful reference

    ReplyDelete
  21. I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as wel directory

    ReplyDelete
  22. if you find the best website for deals and Discount, offers here is the best website netrockdeals.com is provided the best Discount and cashback offers Recommended Reading

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank You So Much For providing the important and Knowledgeable information i thought about this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A good digital marketing agency will have a proven track record in delivering highly effective Facebook advertising campaigns. download movies

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great! Thank you! Superb Information I always wanted to write on my cash for cars website something like that. Great work guysClick Here

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment useful link

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi everybody, I hope you are doing good. Dear admin I had scroll down your site and found it really useful for web development tools. Since I am a developer, I most often refer people to use best website in the town for web development. Your efforts are really appreciable. We also provide web development tool. Here is the link of our site jsonformatter

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cheers everyone! I was going through some relevant sites related to your content. But I had to scroll down to your website because it contained very relevant and comprehended content. Your website is really impressive in almost all the ways weather it’s related to content, the outlook or the tools. You can also check our website for finding information about unidentified products and other objects, finding higher resolution versions of images and many more things related to reverse image search. Here is the link to our site reverseimagesearch.org

    ReplyDelete
  29. Incredible Blog! I might want to thank for the endeavors you have made in composing this post. I am trusting a similar best work from you later on also. Free Movies Website

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts onlypdf

    ReplyDelete
  31. The aggregate look of your site is astonishing, additionally the substance material soap 2day

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks A Lot For The Post. It Has Helped Me Get Some Nice Ideas. I Hope I Will See Some Really Good Result Soon Why and how

    ReplyDelete
  33. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  34. cool thanks for reis posting! btw are there feeds to your blog? I’d love to add them to my reader youtubetomp4converter

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very nice article. I enjoyed reading your post. very nice share. I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks ! check my website

    ReplyDelete
  36. It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this area. You have opened my eyes to varying views on this topic with interesting and solid content https://yttomp3.co

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year https://smartestcomputing.us.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi! I just wanted to drop quickly a friendly comment here. Do you mind We’ve bookmarked this page? Thank you so a lot for this helpful content! check out it here

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.